1. No More Than 7 Words
The last thing you want to do is sound boring or redundant. Keep it short.
2. Use BOLD and Relevant Imagery
Just because there’s a photo of a cute puppy, it doesn’t mean that you’re good at what you do.
3. Don’t Use Bright, Crazy Colors Inappropriately
No one wants to be that loud and annoying person that nobody likes.
4. Use Only One Point of Contact
Pick one. Don’t overwhelm. If people like what they see, they will seek you out.
5. Don’t Use Starbursts, Make it the Main Point
If it’s a point so important that you find yourself wanting to make it a starburst, reevaluate.
6. Avoid Using System Fonts
Unless you want to look like everybody else…
7. Don’t Always Need a Call-to-Action
Don’t make your audience feel stupid. If they are interested, they know what to do.
8. Stay True to Your Audience
Narrow your focus and make more sales.
9. Don’t Rip Off National Advertising Campaigns
Nobody likes a copycat. Be original.
10. Simple is Best
That sums it up.